Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Primers Shortage, Its going to get worst before it

Primers Shortage, Its going to get worst before it 27 Sep 2021 14:57 #29086

• madcow
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 101
This is a heads up to all you reloaders out there, conserve and grab any primers you can get your hands on. Its going crazy out there and not getting better any time soon.

As you all know, Walter and I have been trying to source out primers for you guys, but with no avail. I have booking orders made in 2020 for about 1.5 million primers from 3 major distributors, and have yet to see any of them shipped to me as of now. Booking orders are orders that are made to help the distributor pre-order and know what quantities they need without guys like me cleaning them out, these orders will be filled and will not make it into regular inventory.

As of today, I have confirmed that pricing of primers continue to go up even though we don't get our orders. Campro has also notified me that they did not receive their last shipment of primers, and they have no ETA of their Ginex primers. I have 500K that have been ordered since last February. Someone is buying their primers up also.

Rumors, this can last up to 2 years. From some of my other sources, I have been told that ammunition manufacturers are using up any and all the primers they are making as they have a 2 year backlog of NATO caliber ammunition that they are contracted to by the MIL and LEO's. Not good news for us.

So I'll do my best still to source primers & powders. Projectiles aren't a shortage yet, but the delay is getting bad.

Ken
P3 Shooting Specialties
Ken Hum
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ndabrens, My450

Member Login

By logging in, I agree to the Terms & Conditions