Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Here is an idea ...

Here is an idea ... 25 May 2018 07:13 #21330

• Winchester3030
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 120
... at the risk of being flamed :evil:

You want participation?

Why don't we appreciate and reward the folks that contribute to the success of a match (SC, ZD, RM, CRO, RO, Stats) and the few folks that continually show up to plan and setup matches, by giving them priority registration at matches ... rather than someone who has the time or just clicks more quickly at 7:00 on registration day?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ndabrens, KrakenFan69

Here is an idea ... 25 May 2018 08:09 #21331

• redruns
  • Thank you received: 45
There is some sort of "match reservation" system in place, but there doesn't seem to be any feedback to the volunteer who gives up 2 or more full days of work. I've paid my match fees every time regardless because I'm happy to contribute. I see it as the cost of the sport. I volunteer because I like the work and the people.

If the day turns sh!tty or the MD is a dink I have no obligation to continue. Keeps everybody civil ya know :)

Volunteers need to be asked. That is the first part of valuing their time and skill.
Decaf is the Devil's drink.

Here is an idea ... 25 May 2018 10:19 #21333

• WalterHornby
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 362
redruns wrote:
There is some sort of "match reservation" system in place, but there doesn't seem to be any feedback to the volunteer who gives up 2 or more full days of work. I've paid my match fees every time regardless because I'm happy to contribute. I see it as the cost of the sport. I volunteer because I like the work and the people.

If the day turns sh!tty or the MD is a dink I have no obligation to continue. Keeps everybody civil ya know :)

Volunteers need to be asked. That is the first part of valuing their time and skill.

you can find the policy here: www.ipscalberta.com/forum/ipsc-match-reg...ervation-policy.html
DVC
Walter
wc-sales.ca

Here is an idea ... 31 May 2018 10:34 #21365

• Chemtrailer
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't "+2" me!!
  • Thank you received: 408
Winchester3030 wrote:

You want participation?

Why don't we appreciate and reward the folks that contribute to the success of a match (SC, ZD, RM, CRO, RO, Stats) and the few folks that continually show up to plan and setup matches, by giving them priority registration at matches ... rather than someone who has the time or just clicks more quickly at 7:00 on registration day?

Duane:

I'd suggest that all CRO and RO who are in senior and super-senior division be assigned to only the Short COF stages!!! :P :woohoo:
Is this thing on?

Here is an idea ... 31 May 2018 11:06 #21367

• pilgrim
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 48
Chemtrailer wrote:

I'd suggest that all CRO and RO who are in senior and super-senior division be assigned to only the Short COF stages!!! :P :woohoo:

I will work a long COF stage, - just reserve a spot for me.....

And, holly crab, I need a new gun for a Senior Division.....no? or Senior is, actually, a Category?
Speed is Fine, Accuracy is Final!
Last Edit: 31 May 2018 11:08 by pilgrim.

Here is an idea ... 31 May 2018 16:22 #21376

• Winchester3030
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 120
pilgrim wrote:
Chemtrailer wrote:

I will work a long COF stage, - just reserve a spot for me.....

And, holly crab, I need a new gun for a Senior Division.....no? or Senior is, actually, a Category?

Yes and yes ... or no !?

Here is an idea ... 01 Jun 2018 22:20 #21387

• KrakenFan69
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 408
Don't want to spend another day chasing Open shooters up the Jungle run? That nearly killed me and you!
Wait, you went open! You're one of "THEM" now! lol

Kraken Fan #69

Chemtrailer wrote:
Winchester3030 wrote:

You want participation?

Duane:

Member Login

By logging in, I agree to the Terms & Conditions