Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Range near edmonton

Range near edmonton 04 Jan 2016 16:27 #14228

• nokia
Hi there. I know I should probably be posting this in the range forum but I can't start a new topic so I'm doing it here

I'm new to Edmonton (morinville to be specific) and I'm looking for a range. I'm new to ipsc. I did my black badge almost 2 years ago but due to work I'm in and out of town all the time so I haven't even shot my first match yet.

I'm looking for a range up here in the Edmonton area (or even out of town) I know there are a few indoor ranges but does anyone know of any outdoor ones in this area. Looking for out door so I can practice moving around and such.

Thanks for your time and help
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Range near edmonton 08 Feb 2016 13:23 #14653

• Contondant
  • Tony Dube
  • Thank you received: 9
The best range around Edmonton, Spruce Grove, was recently closed, seriously limiting your options. My recommendation for the time being would be check out Pheonix. They have a league night every Saturday (I believe) where IPSC people get together and set up small stages. Give them a call to find out. Great for beginners and advanced alike.

Tony
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface, but always paddling like the dickens.

Range near edmonton 12 Feb 2016 13:41 #14704

• mitch
  • Thank you received: 15
There will be new indoor range opening, largest in Western Canada, this summer, in West Edmonton.

Range near edmonton 14 Feb 2016 09:16 #14712

• av8or091
Any further details?

Range near edmonton 14 Feb 2016 12:02 #14714

• mitch
  • Thank you received: 15
The following is a direct quote from CBC Edmonton:

Edmonton City council has approved a zoning change for what will be a first-of-its-kind shooting range in Canada.

The Edmonton Shooting Centre plans to build a new indoor range in an industrial park at 12150-160th Street, with an eight-lane, 100-metre indoor range.

The range will also include 25-meter ranges, classrooms, a lounge and retail space.

General manager Hans Brink said the range will be the largest in western Canada.

"We've got snow six months of the year, so six months of the year we can be open," he said.

Brink said the new range will fill a void left by the closure of the Spruce Grove Gun Club, which was shut down by Parkland County due to complaints from neighbouring residents over noise and stray bullets.

He said Spruce Grove had nearly 1,000 members who now need somewhere to shoot. Anyone with a restricted firearm, like a handgun or semi-automatic weapon, must be affiliated with a range or gun club.

"I'm hoping that we'll be able to capture some of them in the new year when our range opens," Brink said.

He also hopes to attract military and law-enforcement training programs that previously used the Spruce Grove Gun Club.

Brink said the Edmonton Shooting Centre will be a building-within-a-building to prevent stray bullets and noise from bothering neighbours.

There are currently two indoor ranges in Edmonton: the Phoenix in the city's southeast and the Wild West Shooting Centre in West Edmonton Mall.

The newest range will be much larger and will accommodate larger weapons, Brink said.

Construction will begin once the sale of the building is finalized, with the range expected to open in March 2016.

Alberta's chief firearms officer, responsible for approving new ranges, has already been consulted. Final approval from the CFO will be determined once the range is ready to open.

Source: CBC Edmonton

Member Login

By logging in, I agree to the Terms & Conditions