Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: CHAS - Stoney Plain

CHAS - Stoney Plain 03 Jul 2018 13:13 #21594

• cjmccallum
  • Thank you received: 6
During the AGM there was some discussion regarding additional ranges in the Northern Region. Canadian Historical Arms Society (CHAS) which is approx 70 kms West of Edmonton. They run a couple leagues and according to their website are willing to consider additional league submission requests. Being new to both ISPC Alberta and CHAS I didn't want to go to the executive and ask about IPSC matches if it is something that has already been submitted by someone else here.

They do run a 3 gun league, so I am assuming the range would be suitable for our CoF, but I thought I would ask here before approaching anyone at the range to make sure I am not repeating steps someone else has already taken.

Thanks
Clinton
Last Edit: 05 Aug 2020 11:00 by Sushi.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Range - CHAS 03 Jul 2018 14:01 #21596

• Kenjuudo
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 381
Hey Clinton,

I met with Steve E. (President) and Andrew B. (VP) of CHAS earlier this year to discuss running both Black Badge classes and sanctioned IPSC AB matches at Genesee, their home range. The range is suitable to run qualifiers (similar in scale and layout to the range in Bonnyville).

IPSC AB's 2018 outdoor schedule was already set prior to that meeting so we agreed to talk again later this year as IPSC AB's BOD starts the scheduling process for match dates in calendar 2019. Additionally, my understanding is that CHAS has plans to do some additional earthworks through the end of this year which may enhance Genesee's utility for what we do.

Good call on your part, and we're on it on this end...!

Thanks,

Dave Schoenberg
North Central Zone Director
IPSC Association of Alberta
The following user(s) said Thank You: pilgrim, Chemtrailer, Tobles, mauiwowie

New Range - CHAS 03 Jul 2018 14:32 #21598

• cjmccallum
  • Thank you received: 6
Dave,

Well that's good to hear. It would be nice to have a range in the Edmonton area. I am sure you have it covered but if you need any help to get something going for CHAS please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fergus, Kenjuudo, Dooby, XMIKE, Tobles

Member Login

By logging in, I agree to the Terms & Conditions