Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Holster use at Sherwood Park Fish & Game

Holster use at Sherwood Park Fish & Game 22 Nov 2018 20:19 #22438

• Ivan1964
  • Thank you received: 12
According to the info that was shared at November CHAS AGM "gaming bays" will not be constructed rightaway. The range increased membership fees in order to keep the momentum and hopefully in next few years to become one of the best ranges in Canada. They have grand plans but will take time for things to get built.
I only did very basic stuff there, such as El Prez and I don't think that they are currently set up for any drills that would involve much for movement.
Once these 360 degree "gaming bays" are constructed things could get exciting.
They are also currently working on improving 25 meter pistol bay.
But, for right now things are not much different than at Phoenix except options for attaching several targets on boards at pistol bay and shooting at steel at 50 meter bay.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oneevilone, Camel

Holster use at Sherwood Park Fish & Game 26 Nov 2018 07:58 #22441

• Camel
  • Thank you received: 15
I received the following feedback from CHAS on my question regarding movement...

"Good day, at this time the only movement allowed forward of the line is in accordance with deviations approved by the board for RSO supervised league events only.. We do not currently host IDPA or IPSC activities. We do however have a very active 3 gun league that hosts 1 event per month and the occasional skills and drills"

So as noted in Ivan's post, it seems similar to Phoenix. One would need RSO supervised league event and approved deviations for these sorts of activities.

I would suspect based on the above if Alberta IPSC wanted to do outdoor matches there, it may be possible.
Last Edit: 26 Nov 2018 07:59 by Camel.

Holster use at Sherwood Park Fish & Game 26 Nov 2018 10:55 #22442

• RufusParnell
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 81
Soph wrote:
I would suspect based on the above if Alberta IPSC wanted to do outdoor matches there, it may be possible.

Sounds like it’s a possibility for 2020 - I’ve spoken with Steve Emblin briefly (sitting president). They’ve got a ton on their plate with range upgrades this year.

I’m sure our board is close to announcing the 2019 calendar as well, I’m not familiar with the steps to propose a match for 2020, but I would be happy to help in any way I can.
  • Page:

Member Login

By logging in, I agree to the Terms & Conditions