Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: USPSA

In Lieu of IPSC Qualifier, USPSA? 12 Sep 2016 19:51 #17189

• Irish
Good points Jerry and Mass I would agree maybe more level ones are the answer or a one day level 2 with a Saturday setup and shooting on Sunday. One thing I have been noticing about Montana is that they have no 2 day matches.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

In Lieu of IPSC Qualifier, USPSA? 13 Sep 2016 07:31 #17194

• Dragoon
Irish wrote:
One thing I have been noticing about Montana is that they have no 2 day matches.

No, but each club has at least one match per month!

www.bspsc.org/index.php/match-results

www.magiccityactionshooters.org/matches/

www.gallatinactionshooters.com/?page_id=13

www.bigforkgunclub.com/uspsa--united-sta...shooting-assn.-.html
Last Edit: 13 Sep 2016 10:58 by Dragoon.

In Lieu of IPSC Qualifier, USPSA? 13 Sep 2016 08:06 #17195

• Sosa
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 54
Actually I've discussed that with USPSA and it's a fairly easy requirement to waive, especially in the colder area's of the world.

Their big concern is that you are an active club holding matches.

Sosa

In Lieu of IPSC Qualifier, USPSA? 13 Sep 2016 10:53 #17197

• Dragoon
You're missing my point, Sam. These clubs have at least one match per month (from Mar/Apr to Oct). Here in Alberta, this past outdoor season, there were 8 pairs of qualifiers and 1 Provincials scheduled and 1 pair was cancelled. That was between 3 clubs (Brooks, RMH and BTSA) that averages 2 pairs per club over the same period.
Last Edit: 13 Sep 2016 10:58 by Dragoon.

In Lieu of IPSC Qualifier, USPSA? 13 Sep 2016 14:49 #17201

• Sosa
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 54
Nope not missing the point. Just making an observation.

I actually agree on this. I think that IPSC Alberta should be growing its base and new ranges and members by actively promoting and putting on level 1 matches.

The smaller matches with less set-up tear down and smaller number of competitors make them idea for new and growing ranges. i believe that promoting these types of matches will be one of the keys to getting new ranges on board and new people involved in match direction, planning and building.

Sosa
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chemtrailer

In Lieu of IPSC Qualifier, USPSA? 13 Sep 2016 16:00 #17202

• Dragoon
OK, we're on the same page, Sam. Now if only the leadership would get aboard....

In Lieu of IPSC Qualifier, USPSA? 13 Sep 2016 20:44 #17208

• WalterHornby
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 362
Mass you are typical of the problems of today. you want level one matches but you don't want to organize them, but for some reason you think IPSC Alberta should run them. Why would IPSC Alberta want to run level one matches? First off they have enough of a problem trying to find MD's to run the level 2 matches they have. As well level one matches have always been meant to be club matches. As for IPSC Alberta not supporting club matches that is a bunch of horse hockey pucks. IPSC Alberta lets just about any match be advertised on her. Whether it be a USPA match, a level one match (WIld Rose matches when they were running and 32 special come to mind) or steel matches, they have all been advertised on here. So what's the problem?
DVC
Walter
wc-sales.ca

In Lieu of IPSC Qualifier, USPSA? 13 Sep 2016 20:51 #17209

• WalterHornby
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 362
One of the reason why you don't see Montana clubs run back to back matches like IPSC Alberta does is the fact that they do all of their qualifying through through their national classification program by shooting classifiers at their matches and submitting them. I also believe that if you shoot an Level 2 or higher match, like area 1, they count as well to your classification.

The reason why IPSC Alberta runs back to back matches is because our matches are fairly spread out so people felt that if they had to drive 500 kilometers to make a match they should shoot two matches the same weekend. So basically if you want to get a ranking in IPSC Alberta you have to give up 4 weekends, 3 weekends for qualifiers and one weekend for provincials. If IPSC Alberta did not have back to back qualifiers then you would have to give up 7 weekends.
DVC
Walter
wc-sales.ca

Member Login

By logging in, I agree to the Terms & Conditions