Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: the new SHADOW 2

the new SHADOW 2 14 Mar 2016 01:18 #15011

• race1911
the all new Shadow 2 has been unveiled at the IWA show (do a Google search)..just sold my Shadowline, but I'll definitely be running out and getting one of these new Shadow 2 when they are available later this summer or fall (according to Vince on the IPSC Global Village it is supposed to be on the Approved Production gun list as of April 1/2016 )
Attachments:
Last Edit: 14 Mar 2016 01:41 by race1911.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

the new SHADOW 2 14 Mar 2016 21:46 #15018

• David
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 61
Nice, just a philosophical question/thought about "production" division doesn't this kinda really push the boundaries of what the division is supposed to be about? Your essentially just buying your way out of a whole bunch of constraints in the division. Its like "stock cars" an manufactures making runs of 500 or so just to qualify a design that really is just for racing.
Just an observation....and yea sure is pretty.

the new SHADOW 2 14 Mar 2016 22:45 #15019

• JMate
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 82
David wrote:
Nice, just a philosophical question/thought about "production" division doesn't this kinda really push the boundaries of what the division is supposed to be about? Your essentially just buying your way out of a whole bunch of constraints in the division. Its like "stock cars" an manufactures making runs of 500 or so just to qualify a design that really is just for racing.
Just an observation....and yea sure is pretty.

Why does this argument always come up? The gun meets all of the requirements and rules of production division, so how is it "buying your way out of constraints" as you say when it's still held to those same constraints. A few companies have decided to produce firearms that are more competitive in the division perhaps instead of complaining about it contact your favorite firearms manufacturer and get them to do the same. Or don't it's not going to ruin my day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: unregistered

the new SHADOW 2 15 Mar 2016 08:23 #15020

• Rob!
I see your point. We start by building a test of the tools. When we start designing the tools for the test, it's a little like Volkswagen designing their emissions equipment specifically to pass the test.

It's going to get tougher and tougher to compete with an entry level gun or service weapon - but I suppose it's all good as we keep shooting and competing.

the new SHADOW 2 15 Mar 2016 08:37 #15021

• JMate
  • Premium Member
Rob! wrote:
I see your point. We start by building a test of the tools. When we start designing the tools for the test, it's a little like Volkswagen designing their emissions equipment specifically to pass the test.

It's going to get tougher and tougher to compete with an entry level gun or service weapon - but I suppose it's all good as we keep shooting and competing.

Why will it be tougher? Stoeger won 3 US Production titles with a Beretta shooting against glock 34s with two pound triggers and all of the super CZ's. The gun didn't win the match his skills did. Stop blaming the equipment and start practicing.

the new SHADOW 2 15 Mar 2016 08:51 #15022

• Rob!
JMate wrote:
Stop blaming the equipment and start practicing.

:) I'm sorry, was that a typo? I'm sure you meant to say "Stop buying new equipment and start practicing".

(JK) Today is a range day - and those days are all good! Peace!

the new SHADOW 2 15 Mar 2016 09:41 #15023

• JMate
  • Premium Member
Rob! wrote:
JMate wrote:
Stop blaming the equipment and start practicing.

:) I'm sorry, was that a typo? I'm sure you meant to say "Stop buying new equipment and start practicing".

(JK) Today is a range day - and those days are all good! Peace!

No I meant exactly what I said

the new SHADOW 2 15 Mar 2016 10:05 #15024

• David
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 61
It isn't complaining, it is bringing up an issue that all sports have to face and just pondering if/when production division may have to re-evaluate. Part of the reasons why classic division was created was because the single stacks were just so much better in some ways than anything else that it just wasn't a fair comparison of skill anymore.
We see this in all sports, where a technological/manufacturing edge is achieved that does place one particular piece of equipment at a significant advantage over everything else available. My musing was if/when/are we going to see the Shadow/Tanfoglio type guns so clearly dominating the division that it is no longer fair.
I have seen it happen in stock car racing, skiing, tennis, bobsleading, speed skating, any sport that is reliant on gear runs across this issue when innovation occurs and that innovation is either adopted and integrated, ruled out, or leads to a variation of the original discipline that becomes specific to the innovation.
  • Page:

Member Login

By logging in, I agree to the Terms & Conditions