Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: the new SHADOW 2

the new SHADOW 2 15 Mar 2016 14:42 #15025

• MrCdnVegas
I think for maybe the very very elite 1% like Stoger, Hobdell, and the like the firearm might make the difference in production division placing.

As for the vast majority of us it will not make a darn bit of difference no matter what production gun you are using.

If that was not true then all I need to do is go buy a new Shadow 2 and I should suddenly start beating other "C" class shooters I compete with. Not likely I will simply still be a "C" class shooter with less money. Watch me prove this with open :)

"I have seen it happen in stock car racing, skiing, tennis, bobsledding"

When you are talking about elite level athletes, sure the gear MAY make a difference, but at the end of the day it's the person behind the gear that count's even in those sports at that level. I guarantee that you can swap Danica Patrick and Dale JR's cars for (insert race here) and she is still going to lose to Jr .

(EDIT :) but like the Shadow 2 Danica is pretty sexy)

I'm pretty sure that on any given IPSC AB match there are striker action firearm shooters that beat a same class Shadow shooters as well.

As a side I think you could argue that that DA first shot on a Shadow is a disadvantage to the first shot on a striker fire.
Last Edit: 16 Mar 2016 16:06 by MrCdnVegas.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

the new SHADOW 2 16 Mar 2016 15:20 #15048

• Chemtrailer
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't "-1" me!!
  • Thank you received: 345
Josh:
You off your meds again?
:P
Is this thing on?

the new SHADOW 2 16 Mar 2016 15:49 #15049

• BlakeH
Jer-Admin wrote:
Josh:
You off your meds again?
:P

I wondered the same. It took him two whole posts to bring up Ben Stoeger... :P

the new SHADOW 2 23 Mar 2016 00:37 #15118

• Trenton
Back in December I had to opportunity to spend a day testing, shooting, disassembling, swapping parts, etc on two Shadow 2 prototypes. I wasn't able to talk about it back then as it had not been announced yet.

Here are some of my observations, the beavertail area is different, it feels "higher and deeper". I could get my hand up higher and "locked in" better which made it feel like I had more control. Also there is checkering on the front and back strap so no need for skateboard tape and the trigger guard shape has been changed.
It has a larger oversized mag release button.
The slide and frame are thicker and heavier which results in a lighter/flatter shooting gun.
The trigger in single action is set more forward so it's not as cramped such as on the original Shadow. This makes it easier for me to manipulate the trigger better to make more accurate shots in single action.
The front slide serrations are like the PO9 duty pistol, they are set more forward and more pronounced so it's easier to rack from the front of the slide.
The hammer is different and the trigger mechanism is better out of the box including trigger pull and reset.
The barrel is modified/upgraded and should last longer they say.
The sights it comes with are much better, they are actually very nice from the factory and the rear is adjustable for elevation yet seems more robust then normal adjustable sights.
Pretty much all I would have to do is change the recoil spring to 11 pounds and the mainspring to 13 pounds and from there it's ready to go out of the box other than possibly changing grips. I do prefer thicker grips, it comes with thin aluminium grips.

It's a really nice gun, I really enjoyed shooting it. The biggest advantages for me over the original Shadow is how it locks in my hand better, it shoots much flatter, and the trigger position in single action is much improved.
Last Edit: 26 Mar 2016 14:39 by Trenton.

the new SHADOW 2 30 Mar 2016 20:36 #15186

• redmagnum
  • Thank you received: 25
Does it use the same mags as the original CZ 75?
Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days.

But I am here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me.

Hunter S. Thompson

the new SHADOW 2 30 Mar 2016 20:40 #15187

• Trenton
redmagnum wrote:
Does it use the same mags as the original CZ 75?

Yes it does.

the new SHADOW 2 01 Apr 2016 18:22 #15198

• mitch
  • Thank you received: 15
Wolverine in Manitoba is taking pre-orders for the CZ Shadow 2 for $1375. plus tax and shipping.

PRE ORDER NOW!
NEW CZ SHADOW 2

The Weekend is here, and the time as well for Wolverine to fire up our Pre-order, we are going to do something a little special for the first 150 folks to sign up on this one!

With a Non-Refundable $200.00 deposit placed with us for the Shadow II you will receive a $100.00 dollar gift certificate with the firearm when shipped applicable to any future CZ product order from Wolverine Supplies.

Please feel free to shoot us an Email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or give us a call at 204-748-2454 and we can get everything rocking and roiling!

PRE ORDER SPECIAL

$1375.00 (PLUS SHIPPING & TAX)

NEW CZ SHADOW 2

COMPETITION READY

ACCURACY

SPEEED

CUSTOMIZATION

THE CZ SHADOW 2 REPRESENTS ANOTHER GENERATION OF THE LEGENDARY CZ 75 SP-01 SHADOW. THIS FIREARM HAS BEEN DEVELOPED IN COLLABORATION WITH THE ELITE CZUB IPSC SHOOTERS SO THAT IT WOULD SIGNIFICANTLY CONTRIBUTE TO THE SPEED AND ACCURACY DURING COMPETITIONS. THUS USING CUTTING-EDGE TECHNOLOGY, A FIREARM THAT FURTHER PUSHES THE BOUNDARIES OF IPSC SHOOTING WAS BORN.

SPECIFICATIONS

WEIGHT: 1,33 KG

CALIBRE: 9X19

FRAME: Steel

GRIPS: Aluminum

TRIGGER: SA/DASAFETY FEATURES: Hammer Safety Notch, Manual Safety

HAMMER DECOCKING: No

OVERALL LENGTH/WIDTH/HEIGHT: 157 / 34 / 217 mm

BARREL LENGTH: 125 mm (with barrel ramp)

• Page:

Member Login

By logging in, I agree to the Terms & Conditions