Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Kudus to Dillon

Kudus to Dillon 05 Dec 2016 08:28 #17543

• ivan
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 97
I've always been impressed by Dillon: both what they sell and how they support it. Here is my entire phone conversation with Dillon this morning:

Me: Hi, the carbide ring from my Dillon 9mm sizing die came out.
Dillon: Ok, are you still on Sierra Morena Court?
Me: yes
Dillon: Ok, we’ll have that in the mail for you today, is there anything else?
Me: no, I’m good thanks
Dillon: ok, bye

This call took less than 20 seconds (ok: I was on hold a few minutes before they picked up), and I never gave them my name, a picture of the broken part, or any information: they got all that from the phone number without me having to explain it.

As a guy who works with software support (both giving and receiving), I’m just stunned with their efficiency and lack of run-around.

I think I bought those dies in about 1991 and Dillon is eating the cost of parts and shipping after 25 years.

… wow: just wow!

-ivan-
IPSC is a game of high-speed precision. If you don't precisely plan what you want to happen, there's not much chance that it will. - Brian Enos
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chemtrailer

Kudus to Dillon 05 Dec 2016 10:51 #17544

• pilgrim
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 48
Ivan, you are not along :) I had a D550 press with a cracked major component....called Dillon, had it at my door in 4 days, at no charge :)
that is why all my presses are blue (Dillon color) and I am happy with them
K
Speed is Fine, Accuracy is Final!

Kudus to Dillon 05 Dec 2016 12:22 #17545

• WalterHornby
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 352
I had the same experience with Dillon. Recently my 650 started to act up. After numerous phone calls they said send it in. It is on its way back, no request for payment for shipping (it cost me a $100 to ship there.)
DVC
Walter
wc-sales.ca

Kudus to Dillon 05 Dec 2016 19:51 #17546

• emwuth
  • Thank you received: 3
I too concur, They replaced the crank on my old 550B last month (about the same vintage as your dies Ivan) and supplied a new style, link arm pin and hardware along with the alignment tool and the punch to remove the link arms.

I have always had great customer service from Dillon and my phone call was nearly identical to yours.

Kudus to Dillon 06 Dec 2016 16:11 #17547

• JohnLangan
I to like the service my 1050 jambed up they spent 20 min on the phone walked me through it. I got a little heavy handed brock this little part they sent me 2 for no charge and free shipping.

Member Login

By logging in, I agree to the Terms & Conditions