Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dry Fire Practice systems

Dry Fire Practice systems 10 Sep 2018 21:31 #22126

• platinumking
  • Thank you received: 28
I agree that the use of lasers can induce bad habits. I have however used the Mantis and it functions by detecting motion through tiny accelerometers. It gives really good feedback on your trigger pull, grip, squeezing too hard, breaking wrist up , too much trigger finger, grip type and design, etc with and without a timer. It also has tutorials on how to correct the issue. By linking to a tablet , and downloading their software, you can build up a history of how your dry fire is progressing. And you can take it to the range to correlate your shot impact with the error message in the live fire mode. I use it with snap caps and follow what happens to my grip on changing mags. It's the next best thing to having a personal trainer and your trips to the range become more about confirming your progress in dry fire mode. If one could manage just 15 minutes per day of dry fire practice, the results would be significant if done over the winter months. Ben Stoeger mentioned in his book of drills that it takes about 3000 to 10000 repetitions for a motion to become active at the subconscious level. What you don't want is to reinforce bad habits and the Mantis goes a long way to ensuring you're not practicing bad habits.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kcarlson
  • Page:

Member Login

By logging in, I agree to the Terms & Conditions