Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mantis X Training system for pistols and rifles

Mantis X Training system for pistols and rifles 01 Aug 2019 10:23 #24446

• Camel
  • Thank you received: 15
Now that mine has arrived and I've had an opportunity to dig into it a bit, I'm curious...could one have this on their gun during an IPSC match?

It's likely a moot question as I doubt I'd be able to find a holster that would accommodate it. However I am curious as it would be a great data gathering tool if one could get a custom holster rigged up for it..
Last Edit: 01 Aug 2019 10:25 by Camel.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Mantis X Training system for pistols and rifles 01 Aug 2019 10:32 #24447

• Hanzo
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 78
I have one too. But it's pretty bulky and I can't see wanting this on my gun for a match, have to draw with it, get special holster.

Any attachment would probably put you in Open.

Mantis X Training system for pistols and rifles 01 Aug 2019 14:03 #24450

• Camel
  • Thank you received: 15
Open would be bad :)

I'm going to try some off the table drills with it tomorrow. Handling wise it doesn't feel too bad to me at all. Mind you I'm by no means good enough for it ti slow me down that much.

Mantis X Training system for pistols and rifles 03 Aug 2019 14:08 #24453

• platinumking
  • Thank you received: 28
I think Boomstick got it right. It shows up things you were not aware of. Just practice one fault at a time keeping in mind what Ben Stoger said, i.e. that it takes anywhere from 3000 to 10000 repetitions for a movement to become automatic at the subconscious level depending on your age. A match application is not practical as it would either put you in open or not fit in the box.As with all dry fire drills, it's not what you do a week or so before a match but the constant repetition of even 15 mins a day where you will start to see a difference especially on draws and reloads. The Mantis will make a big difference if you stick with it , especially over the winter months.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Camel
  • Page:

Member Login

By logging in, I agree to the Terms & Conditions