• Page:

TOPIC: Ben Stoeger @ Camrose June 2020

Ben Stoeger @ Camrose June 2020 06 Jan 2020 11:48 #25296

• unregistered
  • Elite Member
  • Who is Charlie Mike?
  • Thank you received: 274
*EDIT* PLEASE READ:

Due to Wuflu and the US-Canada border closure, we have had to CANCEL this course. Thank you all for your interest, and we will try again in 2021.

Hello all,

This will be Ben's 6th year for running courses up here. We've had great success with his courses at Rocky Mountain House and other ranges across Alberta. This year's course will be at Camrose.

I'm sure all of you know Ben by now. He is the 2017 IPSC Production World Champion as well as USPSA Production Champion in 2019 and many years over. Ben provides fantastic shooting tips in the form of podcasts, video breakdowns, and training tips, as well as being one of the instructors on the fantastic Practical Shooting Training Group (PSTG). Check out his website at www.benstoeger.com and listen to some of his podcasts on YouTube. He is one of the most analytical shooter around, and breaks down shooting into many fundamental skills that can be practiced - especially through dryfire.

Many of you saw how well he did at our 2015 and 2016 Provincials, as well as his amazing performance at the 2017 Nationals held at BTSA. Many people taking his classes saw significant improvement in terms of shooting skills and ability right at the match following the course. Crucially though, Ben's course will leave you will an excellent basis on which to either start or enhance your dry fire and training routine depending on what you may need.

23 classes will be held. I've also attached Ben's description of the classes below:

Practical Pistol Fundamentals on June 18/19 JULY 9/10 (Thu/Fri)- Max 12 Participants - 2 SLOTS AVAILABLE AS OF MAY 29
This is the flagship class. We work on fundamental IPSC skills and apply them in a stage environment. We shoot a mix of drills and stages. We also work on hitting small targets, moving around through stages, and breaking down stages.

The class will often be split in 2 groups, with one group doing drills and the other shooting a stage implementing the skills. Frequent switch overs minimizes down time and allows for much more individual attention from the instructor.

Practical Pistol Fundamentals on June 20/21 JULY 11/12 (Sat/Sun)- Max 12 Participants - 1 SLOT AVAILABLE AS OF MAY 29

Practical Pistol Skills and Drills on June 22/23 JULY 13/14 (Mon/Tue)- Max 8 Participants- FULL AS OF 08-Jan-2020. Email for waitlist!
This is a "how to train" class. Whatever level you are at, at the end of the class you should have a good idea of how to get to the next level. We work through a variety of drills in "Skills and Drills" and shoot stages.

This is a class that is best done with a smaller group. I also strongly recommend that you have done a Fundamentals class before moving on to this one.

As a reminder, Provincials are being held in Bonnyville on June 26-28... the weekend after these classes. There is no better way of getting that last minute tweak and tune-up before the match.

Please note that these 2 classes are partially divided in terms of skill level, but more so done according to the amount of dryfire and practice one does. Ben prefers not to differentiate these classes as "beginner" or "advanced" course, but rather as 2 classes which address particular and different training needs depending on how your current training program looks. His goals with his courses is not only to show you areas your can improve upon, but importantly, show you how you can do so. As such, we may be selective as to the eligibility for the Skills and Drills class, based upon how much you may benefit from it.

Course prices are below. Price includes the fee for Ben (accommodation/flights), as well as range fees for Camrose.

Practical Pistol Fundamentals: C$630
Practical Pistol Skills and Drills: C$680

Please post here if you're interested or have any questions. Please also email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you'd like to sign up, just to ensure that I have your email address. These classes always have filled up, so please make sure you let me know as soon as possible if you are interested at all.

Thanks!

Jeff
Jeff Cheng
Last Edit: 07 Jul 2020 18:43 by unregistered.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maria

Ben Stoeger @ Camrose June 2020 06 Jan 2020 12:10 #25297

• blackhawkdown
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm in for the Practical Pistol Fundamentals on June 20/21.
Thanks,
Jeremy
Quoted for truth.
"My Shadow 2 is crazy accurate, until it hears a shot timer "beep". Then it sucks and sends rounds everywhere."

Ben Stoeger @ Camrose June 2020 07 Jan 2020 16:39 #25308

• unregistered
  • Elite Member
  • Who is Charlie Mike?
Thank you all for your interest! The Fundamentals course is FULL as of 07-Jan-2020. Please email me if you wish to be placed on the waitlist. I have sent an email out to everyone that is currently enrolled.

I have 2 spots 1 spot remaining in the Skills and Drills is now full. Let me know if you'd like to be on the waitlist!
Jeff Cheng
Last Edit: 08 Jan 2020 20:50 by unregistered.

Ben Stoeger @ Camrose June 2020 08 Jan 2020 22:24 #25326

• unregistered
  • Elite Member
  • Who is Charlie Mike?
Due to unexpectedly high demand, Ben has agreed to put on an additional Fundamentals course. It will occur on June 18/19. It is the exact same course that is taking place on June 21/22 (only this class is full, and the newly opened Thursday/Friday one has slots available).

If you're interested, please let me know ASAP. I expect this class to fill up as well!
Jeff Cheng
Last Edit: 09 Jan 2020 10:05 by unregistered.

Ben Stoeger @ Camrose June 2020 14 Jan 2020 14:32 #25364

• unregistered
  • Elite Member
  • Who is Charlie Mike?
3 slots left for the 18/19 class. Everything else is full!

Don't delay signing up if you're at all interested!
Jeff Cheng

Ben Stoeger @ Camrose June 2020 11 Feb 2020 11:09 #25452

• unregistered
  • Elite Member
  • Who is Charlie Mike?
Bump on match registration day :)
Jeff Cheng

Ben Stoeger @ Camrose June 2020 12 May 2020 18:33 #25984

• RufusParnell
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 81
Are these still tentatively a go? Not sure where international travel is at these days.

Ben Stoeger @ Camrose June 2020 12 May 2020 18:37 #25985

• unregistered
  • Elite Member
  • Who is Charlie Mike?
RufusParnell wrote:
Are these still tentatively a go? Not sure where international travel is at these days.

Yes - Awaiting final approval from the range, and an indication at the border. Should the circumstances allow, these will go ahead.
Jeff Cheng
The following user(s) said Thank You: RufusParnell, Maria
  • Page:

Member Login

By logging in, I agree to the Terms & Conditions